Recipe by cook334446
Bhatura is a Indian Fried Bread. It is crispy and taste good with Punjabi Chole ( Chickpeas). This recipe is from jaypuri.blogspot.com
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour (Maida)
- 1⁄2 cup semolina flour
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- oil (for deep frying)
- lukewarm water, to knead the dough
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Take a mixing bowl and mix both flours.
- 2. Add yogurt, baking soda, salt, 1 tbsp oil, and sugar.
- 3. Knead the dough using lukewarm water.
- 4. After kneading the dough apply 1 tbsp of oil.
- 5. Cover dough with wet towel and keep in warm place for 2 hours.
- 6. Divide them into 16 balls. Cover it with cloth and let them rest for 20 minutes.
- 7. Use a rolling pin and roll the dough into 5 inch diskettes.
- 8. Heat oil in pan for deep frying. Wait till oil gets hot.
- 9. Deep fry the bhatura and cook on both sides for one minute.
- 10. Remove the bhatura and place it on towel paper. This will help removing excess oil.
- Serve hot with Punjabi Cholle and Yogurt.