2 hrs 5 mins
Bhatura is a Indian Fried Bread. It is crispy and taste good with Punjabi Chole ( Chickpeas). This recipe is from jaypuri.blogspot.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Take a mixing bowl and mix both flours.
- 22. Add yogurt, baking soda, salt, 1 tbsp oil, and sugar.
- 33. Knead the dough using lukewarm water.
- 44. After kneading the dough apply 1 tbsp of oil.
- 55. Cover dough with wet towel and keep in warm place for 2 hours.
- 66. Divide them into 16 balls. Cover it with cloth and let them rest for 20 minutes.
- 77. Use a rolling pin and roll the dough into 5 inch diskettes.
- 88. Heat oil in pan for deep frying. Wait till oil gets hot.
- 99. Deep fry the bhatura and cook on both sides for one minute.
- 1010. Remove the bhatura and place it on towel paper. This will help removing excess oil.
- 11Serve hot with Punjabi Cholle and Yogurt.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bhatura, Indian Fried Bread
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.0
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 3.9 mg
- Sodium 688.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 11.7 g