6 hrs 10 mins
Bharti Agrawal's Note:
Ethnicity: North Indian Type of Meal: Party, Festive, Dinner Type of Dish: Deep fried
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre preparation:.
- 2Sieve all purpose flour (maida) with salt and baking soda.
- 3Add oil in it and mix it very well.
- 4Add buttermilk or yoghurt in it and mix it very well (if necessary add water). Make a smooth dough.
- 5Keep it in warm place for 6-8 hours.
- 7Heat oil in fry pan.
- 8Make small rolls of dough.
- 9Roll it like chappati but it should be thicker than chappati.
- 10Repeat the process to make 3-4 bhatura.
- 11Put bhatura one by one in heated oil.
- 12Deep fry them until they become golden brown in colour.
- 13Remove excess of oil by putting them on paper towel.
- 14Serve it hot with chole masala and with green chutney.
Nutritional Facts for Bhatura
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.3
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 189.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 15.9 g