Bharwa Baigan (Stuffed Brinjal)
- Remove the stalk from the brinjals and wash them.
- Holding the brinjal upwards, give it a cut looking like a"+" (plus) just upto the base leaving 1 cm down uncut.
- Slice the onions and fry them till brown.
- remove on a kitchen towel.
- When the onions get cooled, crush them.
- In a bowl put the onion, red chili powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, jagery, mango powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- mix well.
- Stuff this mixture into the brinjals.
- In a big pan heat approx.3 tbsp oil.
- Lay all the brinjals into this.
- Cover and cook on low flame.
- Turn the brinjals on other side after 5 mins.
- Cook till brinjals become soft and golden on both sides.