Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have to find unusual, tasty and flavorful recipes to get my family to eat more veggies. I love this Indian dish, makes a nice light meal or side dish depending on the size of the potatoes.
- Slice off the top from the aloo (potatoes) - a thick slice to be used as a lid later, and carefully scoop the inside.
- Place the Cauliflower, sweet pepper, peas, onion, chilies, garlic and half salt in a saucepan with the water.
- Parboil until the water is fully absorbed into the mixture.
- Fill the mixture into the potatoes, cover with the potato lids and secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Heat a little oil or butter in a saucepan and cook the tomatoes with the remaining salt over a moderate heat for 2 minutes.
- Carefully arrange the stuffed aloo (potatoes) over the tomato mixture, cover tightly and cook potatoes in their own steam for about 10 - 15 minutes until tender.
- Garnish the stuffed aloo with chopped coriander.