Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Copycat recipe for Almond Joy style bar. Not tried yet, just saving for the future! Make-Ahead Tip: Up to 1 week ahead prepare candy bars. Store in the refrigerator in a tightly covered container.
- 3 1⁄2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded coconut
- 50 blanched whole almonds (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs dipping chocolate or 1 1⁄2 lbs confectioner's coating
- Butter a 12x9-inch piece of foil; set foil aside. In a small bowl combine powdered sugar, softened cream cheese, and vanilla. Stir in the coconut.
- Turn coconut mixture onto the buttered foil. Pat coconut mixture into a 10x5-inch rectangle. Cut the mixture into 2x1-inch rectangles. Press 2 blanched whole almonds into the top of each rectangle.
- Melt the dipping chocolate or confectioner¿s coating. Carefully dip the rectangles, one at a time, into the melted chocolate. Let excess chocolate drip off rectangles.
- Place the dipped rectangles on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper until dry. Store tightly covered in a cool, dry place. Makes 25 candy bars.