Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I adapted several different stuffed shell fillings recipes over time to come up with these yummy, extra cheesy, extra good stuffed shells. Enjoy!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, well drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 12 ounces jumbo pasta shells
- your favorite spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook onion in skillet until tender. Transfer to large mixing bowl.
- Stir in spinach, cream cheese, and egg.
- Add 1 cup mozzarella, cheddar, Italian blend, ricotta, and parmesan cheeses, salt, pepper, and garlic. Mix until well blended.
- Stuff shells and arrange in greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Top with sauce (I use Prego tomato & basil).
- Cover and Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese and bake additional 5 minutes.
- **I also make these ahead, put them in freezer foil dishes (leave off sauce). I usually enclose a ziploc baggy with the 1 cup mozzarella to sprinkle once you cover with sauce. Then, you thaw for a day in fridge, and top with sauce and bake as directed.**.