Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I often experiment with meatloaf, so this one is a combination of some of my favourite parts of several different recipes. I also top this meatloaf with my Red Wine Mushroom Sauce that I have on this site as well.
- 4 cups bread, broken into small chunks (stale or fresh)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup button mushroom, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- Preheat oven to 360 degree.
- Add bread pieces into a large mixing bowl. Add milk and mix, allowing bread to soak up the milk. (Soy milk works fine as well).
- Add all the rest of the ingredients and hand mix thouroughly. If it seems too moist, add more bread chunks.
- Spray two 4x9 loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Divide the meat mix into 2 and add to the loaf pans, pressing mixture in evenly.
- Bake with the loaf pans on a cookie sheet for 1 hour, or until meat is thoroughly done.
- When completely cooked, remove from oven and let stand a few minutes. Drain off fat.
- Serve with a favourite gravy or sauce over.