Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great halloween cookies
Make and share this Bewitching Hands recipe from Food.com.
- green food coloring
- yellow food coloring
- 0.5 (18 ounce) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- candy corn
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Knead drops of food color into dough until it is a yucky shade of green.
- Knead flour into dough.
- Shape into a 1-in.-thick disk, wrap and refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to roll out.
- On a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin, roll dough to 1/4 inches thick.
- Using a hand shaped cookie cutter, cut out hands.
- Re roll and cut scraps once; reserve remaining scraps.
- Place half the hands 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Make a 1-in. cut between each finger toward palm.
- Pinch fingers so each is about 1 inches longer, thinner, wavy and gnarled. Press down on fingertips and on palms to make a little thinner.
- Mark knuckles with back of a knife.
- Roll reserved scraps into balls for warts. Gently press warts on hands.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes until pale golden around edges.
- Remove and immediately press candy-corn on fingertips for nails.
- Cool hands on sheet on a wire rack 5 minutes before removing cookies to rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining hands.