Great halloween cookies
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- green food coloring
- yellow food coloring
- 0.5 (18 ounce) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- candy corn
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Knead drops of food color into dough until it is a yucky shade of green.
- 3Knead flour into dough.
- 4Shape into a 1-in.-thick disk, wrap and refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to roll out.
- 5On a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin, roll dough to 1/4 inches thick.
- 6Using a hand shaped cookie cutter, cut out hands.
- 7Re roll and cut scraps once; reserve remaining scraps.
- 8Place half the hands 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- 9Make a 1-in. cut between each finger toward palm.
- 10Pinch fingers so each is about 1 inches longer, thinner, wavy and gnarled. Press down on fingertips and on palms to make a little thinner.
- 11Mark knuckles with back of a knife.
- 12Roll reserved scraps into balls for warts. Gently press warts on hands.
- 13Bake 7 to 9 minutes until pale golden around edges.
- 14Remove and immediately press candy-corn on fingertips for nails.
- 15Cool hands on sheet on a wire rack 5 minutes before removing cookies to rack to cool completely.
- 16Repeat with remaining hands.
Nutritional Facts for Bewitching Hands
Serving Size: 1 (12 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 51.0
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 3.0 mg
- Sodium 44.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 0.5 g