Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From TOH - Halloween Food & Fun 2003,
Make and share this Bewitching Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (32 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- sour cream
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef, peppers, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in tomato juice, beans, tomatoes, broth, tomato paste and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve in Cauldron Bread Bowls recipe #465277 if desired.
- Garnish with sour cream.
This was a really nice chili recipe....and made for a quick and extremely satisfying mid week dinner that the entire family enjoyed.<br/>Made for PRMR.