2 hrs 15 mins
Recipe Junkie's Note:
This is a recipe from Bill Snyder, famed as "America's Most Recorded Pianist". Among his many credits as a recording artist, is his first record, "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered", a song sung by American Idol Season Five contestant, Kelly Pickler. I got this recipe out of a church cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut meat into bite size pieces.
- 2Chop onions and place into a 2 quart saucepan with olive oil.
- 3After onions are sweated, add meat to pan and brown lightly.
- 4Add chicken or beef stock, ginger and tomato.
- 5Simmer, covered for 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours until meat is tender.
- 6Cool in fridge, overnight.
- 7Remove chilled fat from top and bring to a simmer. [Putting ice cubes in the pan will pick up the fat.].
- 8Add sour cream to pan.
- 9Thicken with 2 T flour with a little water added to make a thin paste.
- 10Serve over rice or spaetzles.
- 11Spaetzles can be purchased in most grocery stores under the brand name 'Macci'.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bewitched Goulash Hongroise
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.9
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 126.0 mg
- Sodium 243.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 50.9 g