Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a recipe I have developed over a number of years. This is the only spaghetti sauce my family will request! Very easy to make. I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does!
- 680.38 g ground beef
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced (to taste)
- 2 bay leaves
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning
- 4.92 ml salt (, or to taste)
- ground pepper
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- 2 (907.18 g) can tomato sauce
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes
- 226.79 g fresh mushrooms, sliced and sauteed in butter (optional)
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated (optional)
- Brown the ground beef, onion and garlic in olive oil with bay leaves, oregano, basil, Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Add tomato paste, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
- Stir well and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Use sauce to top your cooked spaghetti.
- Top with sauteed mushroom.
- Pass the Parmesan.
Different people look for different things in a spaghetti sauce. In fact, your spaghetti sauce says alot about you as a person. This is undoubtedly the best spaghetti sauce I have ever had! It is full-bodied but balanced. It is meaty yet the meat does not overwhelm the flavor. With a sprinkle of parmesan, a french baguette and a red wine on the side this sauce creates the perfect evening! I'm love this chef!!
I made this recipe this weekend at my son's request for italian food. I did add a few more cloves of garlic but that was the only change. Bev, this was great. Just spicy enough. DH said it was the best Spaghetti I have ever made. Served this with a green salad and homemade bread sticks. Excellent dinner. Thanks Bev!
Excellent sauce Bev! I usually make my own recipe that I have been making for years so I thought I would try something different and we all enjoyed this very much!! Sure made alot of sauce I was able to feed 5 of us and still had plenty left over. I froze the rest for another day. I didn't add mushrooms but put plenty of parmesan cheese on. Delicious, thanks for sharing.