Recipe by Bev
This is a recipe I have developed over a number of years. This is the only spaghetti sauce my family will request! Very easy to make. I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does!
Top Review by Dan'l
Different people look for different things in a spaghetti sauce. In fact, your spaghetti sauce says alot about you as a person. This is undoubtedly the best spaghetti sauce I have ever had! It is full-bodied but balanced. It is meaty yet the meat does not overwhelm the flavor. With a sprinkle of parmesan, a french baguette and a red wine on the side this sauce creates the perfect evening! I'm love this chef!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (to taste)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt (, or to taste)
- ground pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced and sauteed in butter (optional)
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef, onion and garlic in olive oil with bay leaves, oregano, basil, Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Add tomato paste, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
- Stir well and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Use sauce to top your cooked spaghetti.
- Top with sauteed mushroom.
- Pass the Parmesan.