1/15 Photos of Bev's Spaghetti Sauce
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is a recipe I have developed over a number of years. This is the only spaghetti sauce my family will request! Very easy to make. I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (to taste)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt (, or to taste)
- ground pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced and sauteed in butter (optional)
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated (optional)
- 1Brown the ground beef, onion and garlic in olive oil with bay leaves, oregano, basil, Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper.
- 2Add tomato paste, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
- 3Stir well and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- 4Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- 5Use sauce to top your cooked spaghetti.
- 6Top with sauteed mushroom.
- 7Pass the Parmesan.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bev's Spaghetti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (492 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 565.0
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 115.6 mg
- Sodium 2241.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 38.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: