Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is a recipe I have developed over a number of years. This is the only spaghetti sauce my family will request! Very easy to make. I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (to taste)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt (, or to taste)
- ground pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced and sauteed in butter (optional)
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated (optional)
- Brown the ground beef, onion and garlic in olive oil with bay leaves, oregano, basil, Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Add tomato paste, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
- Stir well and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Use sauce to top your cooked spaghetti.
- Top with sauteed mushroom.
- Pass the Parmesan.