Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is the way I have been serving summer squash to my family to years. It is so easy and tastes great. I hope you enjoy it too!
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Add onion and cook just till tender.
- Add yellow squash and continue cooking over medium heat, stirring until squash begins to soften.
- Cover and continue cooking over low heat until nice and tender (usually about 20-25 minutes).
- I add lots of salt and pepper.
Bev, this was delicious! We loved the buttery taste the squash gets. It gets cooked, but not too soft. This is a simple basic recipe with a minimum of ingredients, yet it could be on the most elegant table! We used the salt and pepper and also a sprinkling of paprika for color. Thanks for a recipe I will use often!
Mmmmmmmm. This recipe is perfect! I don't eat squash a lot but this recipe could change that. It brings out the flavor flawlessly. I had no idea that squash could be so good!
This is the ONLY way to eat squash! It melts in your mouth!!