Recipe by Paja
This is a wonderful dessert to serve after a special meal. I got it from "Bev" who is a native Australian, so it must be authentic! The combination of light meringue, whip cream, and fresh fruit is wonderful!
Top Review by claytonjmalcom
This is a family favorite. We have made it over and over. It is requested for birthdays and special celebrations. We love it! My daughter says the crust reminds her of dehydrated ice cream.
- 4 large egg whites (use yolks for some other purpose)
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- sweetened and whipped cream
- fresh fruit (strawberries, kiwi, mango, or whatever you have available)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg whites and cold water until very stiff.
- Gradually add sugar and beat until very stiff and shiny.
- Fold in vanilla, vinegar, and corn starch.
- Grease a large piece of paper, (or use waxed paper) put on a cookie sheet, and mound egg white mixture in a circle approximately 3 inches thick.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 5 minutes, then reduce heat to 300 degrees and bake for a further hour.
- Cool in oven for several hours or overnight.
- To serve, turn the Pav over on serving plate and remove paper.
- Cover with sweetened whip crem.
- Arrange fresh fruit in a pleasing design overtop.