Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I found this recipe a few years ago on allrecipes. It has become a family favorite. Tastes great and is so simple to prepare. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix together the orange juice, onion soup mix, soy sauce, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Place the chicken into a 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Pour the orange juice mixture over the chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour and 30 minutes, basting every half hour.
- If using boneless chicken reduce baking time to 1 hour.
I was amazed at how moist this chicken was! Basting it every half-hour was key. My husband and I have sworn to make this many times more, as we both fell in love with the flavor and texture.
This chicken is so moist and delicious. I was a little concerned that the sauce would be to thin; however, it was perfect. I did use boneless thighs and served this on top of Alton Brown's Baked Brown Rice. There is plenty of the orange flavored sauce to spoon on top of the chicken.