Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
We love fresh vegetables in the summer! This simple recipe allows you to use your garden tomatoes and cucumbers very simply and is really quite delicious!
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced thinly
- 1 small tomatoes, cut into small wedges
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly including little green top
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Combine vegetables in a bowl.
- In another small container, mix together vinegar, water, sugar, salt and pepper and combine well.
- Pour over vegetables.
- Cover and allow to marinate in refrigerator at least an hour.
We enjoyed this combination very much. I added another tomato. Very good! Thanks for thr recipe!
A very tasty salad compared to the blah salads I've been eating lately. I love it. It's in the frig now waiting for my daughter to wake up to have some. I didn't have green onions, so I used one shallot. Fabulous. Thank you Bev for making my day and many more to come.
This is perhaps the lightest most refreshing salad I have had all the summer! It wasn't too heavy and still left plenty of room for dinner. I liked it best with lots of tomatoes. On of the best parts of this recipe is how easy it is to make. Perfect for quick and easy summer fare that stll packs alot of flavor.