This is the recipe I have been using for Macaroni and Cheese since the beginning of time! Truly a classic and a staple on our family table. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. A great side dish to be served with my Meatloaf Barbecue Style!
- Melt butter in medium saucepan.
- Stir in flour, salt, mustard and pepper until smooth.
- Remove from heat and gradually stir in milk until smooth.
- Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until thickened (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese until melted.
- Combine cheese mixture with macaroni in greased 2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Makes 6 servings.