1/1 Photo of Bev's Jazzed-Up Cashew Shrimp
Serve with rice for a spectacular meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seed oil
- 10 dried red chili peppers
- 1/3 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup green peas (fresh or frozen and defrosted)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, freshly grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1Combine peanut and sesame oils in a large skillet; heat on med; add and brown dried red chili pepper.
- 2Add green onion and minced garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- 3Add chopped onion and red bell pepper; cook, stirring on med-low heat for 3 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender; remove 10 red chili peppers.
- 4Add shrimp and cook until almost pink, about 3 minutes.
- 5Add peas, broth, salt, freshly grated ginger, ground ginger.
- 6Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 7In a bowl, mix soy sauce, red wine vinegar and cornstarch; stir into shrimp; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- 8Stir in cashews.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bev's Jazzed-Up Cashew Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.1
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 285.7 mg
- Sodium 3228.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 40.5 g