Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serve with rice for a spectacular meal.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seed oil
- 10 dried red chili peppers
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup green peas (fresh or frozen and defrosted)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup cashews
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Combine peanut and sesame oils in a large skillet; heat on med; add and brown dried red chili pepper.
- Add green onion and minced garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add chopped onion and red bell pepper; cook, stirring on med-low heat for 3 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender; remove 10 red chili peppers.
- Add shrimp and cook until almost pink, about 3 minutes.
- Add peas, broth, salt, freshly grated ginger, ground ginger.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix soy sauce, red wine vinegar and cornstarch; stir into shrimp; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in cashews.
- Serve immediately.
We enjoyed this cashew shrimp recipe last night for dinner. The prep was very easy and the variety of colors of veggies makes for pretty plating. The flavor was nice, though our personal preference is for a little more heat. We served over jasmine rice. Thanks for posting!