Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My co-worker Bev brought this to a luncheon that we had at work and it was delicious. The recipe that she gave me also says that you can make meatballs and burgers out of the same mix. I haven't tried making it yet, but I tasted it at the luncheon and it was so delicious!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (120 g) stove top chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa, divided
- 3⁄4 cup kraft tex shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix all ingredients except 1/4 cup of the salsa and the cheese.
- Shape into oval loaf in 13x9-inch baking dish. Top with remaining 1/4 cup salsa.
- Bake 1 hour or until cooked through. Sprinkle evenly with cheese and continue baking an additional 5 minutes before cutting into slices.
I thoought that this was really good!Next time I make it I am going to add some bell pepper to it and add some onoin to make it more my taste.I also think that I might add just some more spice to it.I think that some more chili powder might be good plus some garlic powder in it.the store was out of the chicken Stove top so I used thw Savory Herb one.I think that it tasted just fine .I also used a corn and black bean salsa because that is what my mother likes.I will make this one again.Thanks for a good and differnt way to make meatloaf!