Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Found this in Southern Living and it was the first meatloaf I ever made that did not fall apart. It makes a huge one so be prepared for many leflovers if you have an average size family.
- 907.18 g lean ground beef
- 453.59 g ground pork sausage
- 18 saltine crackers, crushed fine
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml yellow mustard
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, divided
- 118.29 ml ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first 7 ingredients and 1/4 cup brown sugar in a medium bowl until just blended.
- Place mixture in lightly greased 11x7 baking dish. Shape into a 10x5 loaf.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and drain.
- Stir together ketchup and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Pour over meatloaf.
- Bake 15 minutes more or until thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Remove and let stand for 20 minutes before slicing.
My husband says this is the BEST meatloaf he has ever had.
Delicious meatloaf! I cut the recipe in half and it was just right for us. I also loved the topping. Made for PAC Spring 2012.
My husband wanted to eat out tonight, but I had planned on making this meatloaf. After smelling it in the oven and tasting the first bite, he said he was VERY happy that we ate at home tonight! This is similar to what I remember my mom making at home with the exception of the brown sugar in the meat mixture, which sweetens it a bit. I also added about 1/2 teas. salt and some cracked pepper to the meat before baking. I had only 1 pound of hamburger to the pound of pork and it was perfect. Still plenty of leftovers. Served with mashed taters and peas for a down-home country meal. Thanks for posting this winner!