3 hrs 15 mins
Trisha W's Note:
This dish was served to me at a friend's house. I loved it so she gave me her recipe. This can be made a day ahead, refrigerated and then baked right before serving. The preparation time on this could be cut by using canned chicken, (or cooking boneless pieces), and using canned chicken broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 chicken, cooked,chopped
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb processed cheese (Velveeta recommended)
- 1 (6 ounce) jar stuffed olives, drained (pim.)
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package spinach noodles
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1Boil (stew) the chicken, covered, in water to cover (about 2 quarts) for about 2 1/2 hours.
- 2Remove from water (reserve), debone and tear chicken meat into bite size pieces.
- 3Saute in the melted butter the bell pepper, celery and onion.
- 4Stir in the cheese.
- 5Add the olives, mushrooms and chicken.
- 6Boil in 3 cups of the stock water the pkg.
- 7of spinach noodles, until the water is absorbed.
- 8Add the noodles and can of mushroom soup to the chicken mixture and mix, (adding more stock[i cup] if needed for moistness), pour mixture into a large, greased casserole dish.
- 9Bake at 300 degrees F for 45 minutes (right before serving).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bev's Chicken Noodle Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 681.2
- Calories from Fat 376
- Total Fat 41.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 108.0 mg
- Sodium 1346.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 36.5 g