Recipe by Trisha W
This dish was served to me at a friend's house. I loved it so she gave me her recipe. This can be made a day ahead, refrigerated and then baked right before serving. The preparation time on this could be cut by using canned chicken, (or cooking boneless pieces), and using canned chicken broth.
- 1 chicken, cooked,chopped
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb processed cheese (Velveeta recommended)
- 1 (6 ounce) jar stuffed olives, drained (pim.)
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package spinach noodles
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil (stew) the chicken, covered, in water to cover (about 2 quarts) for about 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove from water (reserve), debone and tear chicken meat into bite size pieces.
- Saute in the melted butter the bell pepper, celery and onion.
- Stir in the cheese.
- Add the olives, mushrooms and chicken.
- Boil in 3 cups of the stock water the pkg.
- of spinach noodles, until the water is absorbed.
- Add the noodles and can of mushroom soup to the chicken mixture and mix, (adding more stock[i cup] if needed for moistness), pour mixture into a large, greased casserole dish.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 45 minutes (right before serving).