Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
A really quick way to satisfy your sweet craving. This is a recipe my cousin Beverly gave me when I was first married. We make it so much.
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut in 24 pieces
- Spread pie filling in pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over the top.
- Sprinkle nuts.
- Place butter all over the cake.
- Bake at 350* for 35 minutes.
Love it- we call it dump cake- we use pecans and add crushed pineapple ! My hubbys fave comfort food- his Mema used to make it for him. There are some many variations and they are all good !
This is also known as Dump Cake or Garbage Cake because everything is just dumped in without mixing. You are however missing Coconut flakes. Dump 1 bag on top with the Walnuts. It tastes much better than it looks!