Recipe by busygirl
I cut this out of the newspaper. It is my all time favorite recipe. I will warn though this dough can be temperamental, however, the effort is worth it.
- 3 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 4 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 7 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 8 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix Yeast with milk.
- Add eggs, 2/3 granulated sugar, 3 TBS oil, and salt. Mix well.
- Add 5 cups flour slowly, mix well with an electric mixer (kitchen aid preferably) with a dough hook. Dough should look smooth but not sticky. Add the next 2 1/2 cups as needed this can change greatly with the humidity of the day so don't be surprised if it takes more or less on different occasions.
- Cover and let raise for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cut into 2 equal pieces. Take half dough and roll out 1/4 inch thick into a square shape.
- Brush melted butter on dough.
- Make a mix of brown sugar, 1 TBS. sugar, cinnamon, and enough melted butter to make a paste.
- Spread half of mix on to dough .
- Roll up jellyroll style. Cut evenly to make 12 rolls. fill a 9x13-inch greased pan.
- Repeat process with rest of dough. Allow to rise till 2 1/2 times the size (this will take an hour) Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- Cool. Frost with your favorite cream cheese frosting. I use 1 (3oz pkg.) cream cheese softened, 1 teaspoons vanilla, 2 TBS. Butter, 1/2 LB. Powdered Sugar, 2-3 tsp whipping cream. mix cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla with electric mixer, adding cream until frosting is smooth. Frost rolls.