3 hrs 15 mins
I cut this out of the newspaper. It is my all time favorite recipe. I will warn though this dough can be temperamental, however, the effort is worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix Yeast with milk.
- 2Add eggs, 2/3 granulated sugar, 3 TBS oil, and salt. Mix well.
- 3Add 5 cups flour slowly, mix well with an electric mixer (kitchen aid preferably) with a dough hook. Dough should look smooth but not sticky. Add the next 2 1/2 cups as needed this can change greatly with the humidity of the day so don't be surprised if it takes more or less on different occasions.
- 4Cover and let raise for 1 1/2 hours.
- 5Cut into 2 equal pieces. Take half dough and roll out 1/4 inch thick into a square shape.
- 6Brush melted butter on dough.
- 7Make a mix of brown sugar, 1 TBS. sugar, cinnamon, and enough melted butter to make a paste.
- 8Spread half of mix on to dough .
- 9Roll up jellyroll style. Cut evenly to make 12 rolls. fill a 9x13-inch greased pan.
- 10Repeat process with rest of dough. Allow to rise till 2 1/2 times the size (this will take an hour) Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- 11Cool. Frost with your favorite cream cheese frosting. I use 1 (3oz pkg.) cream cheese softened, 1 teaspoons vanilla, 2 TBS. Butter, 1/2 LB. Powdered Sugar, 2-3 tsp whipping cream. mix cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla with electric mixer, adding cream until frosting is smooth. Frost rolls.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beverton Bakery's Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.0
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 45.4 mg
- Sodium 334.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 5.4 g