Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled. They freeze well for a quick meal later on. Prep and cooking times are approximate since I usually quadruple the recipe.
- In a small bowl, soak bread in water.
- Squeeze out the excess water from the bread and put the bread into a large bowl.
- To the bread, add ground beef, egg, onion, mashed potato, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Shape into small meatballs(I use a medium size Pampered Chef scoop for this).
- At this point you can cook them in a pan on the stove, bake in an oven at 350 or even use a George Forman grill(they will get a little flattened). You are cooking them until they are no longer pink in the middle. Depending on how you cook them, cooking time will vary. I use a GF grill and it takes about 5 minutes.
- Cool and freeze in quart size zippy bags. Our family of 4 eats about 15 in a meal so I freeze them in bags of 15 or 20 depending on if I want any leftovers(no one will eat the leftovers except me).
- To serve, I make brown gravy using a packet, add the frozen meatballs and heat through til they are hot and no longer frozen.