Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
"These are delicious alternatives to cold cereal, and kids love them. Barley cereal works just as well. Don't omit the orange
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml white sugar
- 1 egg
- 29.58 ml frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 14.79 ml orange zest
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml Grape-nuts cereal (wheat and barley nugget cereal)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In medium bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, orange juice concentrate, and orange zest.
- Combine the flour and baking powder; mix into the fluffy mixture until blended. Stir in cereal.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Remove from cookie sheet for cooling.
These are wonderful cookies. But try this. Cook some bacon crisp, crumble,and add it to the batter. Talk about a complete breakfast cookie--egg, bacon, orange juice and cereal!! The bacon looks like raisins or chocolate chips, but the taste of the bacon is just incredible in this cookie.