Recipe by commanderfloutist
"These are delicious alternatives to cold cereal, and kids love them. Barley cereal works just as well. Don't omit the orange
Top Review by Chef jshaffer
These are wonderful cookies. But try this. Cook some bacon crisp, crumble,and add it to the batter. Talk about a complete breakfast cookie--egg, bacon, orange juice and cereal!! The bacon looks like raisins or chocolate chips, but the taste of the bacon is just incredible in this cookie.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup Grape-nuts cereal (wheat and barley nugget cereal)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In medium bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, orange juice concentrate, and orange zest.
- Combine the flour and baking powder; mix into the fluffy mixture until blended. Stir in cereal.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Remove from cookie sheet for cooling.