Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe in a local paper and it sounded alittle different, so I gave it a try. It's the best chicken salad I've ever had. I hope you like it too.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs cooked boneless skinless chicken, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1⁄4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup very thin sliced scallion, white part and 1 inch green
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic in oil (like the kind in a jar)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I used low fat)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Mix all ingredients (except for the chicken) together in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to chill, the longer you chill, the better.
- Remove from frig.
- and stir well, then mix with the chicken.
Very tasty! Chicken salad is one of my husband's favorite lunch items, and he can be a little finicky about his chicken salad. He says this one's a keeper, so if he's happy, then that makes me happy! :) Thank you for sharing.
Oh, wow I love chicken salad, it has always been a favorite. This is a very unique version of it. I think it is the combination of honey and paresan cheese. You need to try this one if you like chicken salad. * * * * * * * * * * more than 5 stars, I promise you.
Used less chicken (1.5 lbs, shredded) and made sandwiches out of it. Very good. Thanks for posting.