This is dedicated to the Beverage Gang as they have inspired me to use more spirits in my cooking. I like that I have to sample the spirits to make sure they are just right for the cooking. :-)
- 1⁄2 lb fusilli (any kind with texture) or 1⁄2 lb spiral shaped pasta (any kind with texture)
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus (cut into 2 in pieces)
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp (I used medium size, cooked)
- 1 cup white wine (I used a Shiraz)
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 onion, large sliced thick
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- In large skillet, heat oil and 2 Tbsp butter to melting, add in onions, garlic, celery, cook 4 min.
- Add in 1 c wine and simmer til reduced by 1/2.
- Add in shrimp and tomatoes with green chilis and incorporate, heat through 3-4 minute.
- (if shrimp is uncooked, cook til pink in color).
- In the meantime, have a 4 qt pan heating water with a pinch of salt, once boiling add in pasta, cook 4 minute Then add asparagus and stir. Cook til al dente. about 4 minute.
- Drain pasta and asparagus return to pan. Add in parmesan cheese and stir, pour into Casserole pan or Pasta plate. Then pour shrimp and veggie mix over top and serve.
- Served with a crusty tomatoe basil bread. (will post soon)and a Shiraz wine. YUMMY.
- *** cook time is overlapped as pot of water is cooking as you are making shrimp topping.