Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Classical French Butter Sauce
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 2 large shallots, very finely chopped
- 3⁄4-1 cup unsalted butter (to your taste)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Reduce the vinegar, wine, shallots, salt and pepper in a saucepan over medium heat to 1/4 cup mixture of solids and liquids.
- Cool the mixture to 140°F
- Place the saucepan with the reduced shallot/wine mixture over extremely low heat and whisk in the butter tablespoon by tablespoon, whisking vigorously the entire time.
- Strain the sauce into a sauceboat and serve immediately.