Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Savory, cheese-filled pastries. (Thanks to Moosewood)
Make and share this Beurek With Parsley-Cheese Filling recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast (1 package)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated muenster cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated feta
- 2 eggs
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- sesame seeds (optional)
- chopped chives (optional)
- Combine dough ingredients in bread machine according to manufacturers directions. Process on dough cycle.
- While dough is rising, combine the cheeses by mashing the cream cheese well with a fork or potato masher and mixing in the other cheeses.
- Stir in the rest of the filling ingredients.
- When dough is finished rising, divide it into 8 pieces.
- Roll the pices of dough into smooth balls, place them on a lightly floured board, and cover for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll out each ball of dough into a circle about 7 inches in diameter.
- Place a generous 1/3 cup of cheese filling on the lower half of each circle.
- Moisten the lower edge of the dough with water. Fold the upper half down over the filling and press the edges together with a wet fork to seal.
- Arrange the beureks on a buttered baking sheet so that their edges do not overlap.
- Seal any holes by pinching the dough together.
- Beat the egg with a tablespoon of water and brush it on the pastries to give them a nice glaze. Sprinkle the beureks with sesame seeds or chopped chives, if you like.
- Bake the beureks for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown with slightly crisp edges.
- Serve hot.