Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe given to Betty Feezor by her mother-in-law. Betty had a homemaking TV show a few decades ago. These sweet potatoes take a little preparation but they are worth the time. Resist the temptation to add cinnamon until you taste these with just nutmeg.
- 2 -3 sweet potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons water
- Wash and peel the potatoes.
- Cut them lengthwise into 1/4" slices.
- Melt butter in a heavy skillet, and add the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with the water, sugar, salt, and nutmeg.
- Cover and cook very slowly until tender.