Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
When it is time to diet, I always keep this salad in the refrigerator. 0 points on WW! The recipe came from Diet For a Happy Heart..a low cholesterol, low saturated fat, sugar free cookbook.
- 2 cups sauerkraut
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1 1⁄2 cups minced celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped green bell peppers
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- sugar substitute (to equal 1/2 cup sugar)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- Rinse sauerkraut and let drain.
- Mix sauerkraut with other ingredients and refrigerate overnight.
This was very refreshing. I might play around a bit with a variety of herbs next time.
I loved this salad and it gets better everyday. It was easy to make using a processor. Thanks so much