1/1 Photo of Betty's Salad
Big Daddy's Cookin's Note:
Betty's Salad is a regional, Midwest salad created by Betty Timko and featured as a menu item at her restaurant, Timko's Soup and Such, in Toledo, Ohio. The restaurant was located in a brick building at the Northwest corner of Sylvania and Douglas Roads of the Devaux Village strip mall in West Toledo. After Betty died, the restaurant closed, and her signature salad dressing is still produced and distributed at regional grocery stores.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package spinach
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced (a second can is optional, depending on the recipe you follow )
- 1 lb fried bacon, crumbled
- 1Layer salad ingredients in order listed below.
- 2Half (1/2) Package Spinach
- 3Six (6) Hard Boiled Eggs, sliced
- 4One (1) Can Bean Sprouts, drained
- 51-2 Cans Water Chestnuts, drained and sliced (optional, depending on the recipe you follow
- 6Add crumbled bacon.
- 7Mix dressing in blender and pour over salad.
- 8Keep all ingredients refrigerated.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Betty's Salad
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 726.7
- Calories from Fat 486
- Total Fat 54.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 203.9 mg
- Sodium 1667.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 24.3 g
- Protein 28.9 g