1/1 Photo of Betty's Orange Rolls
2 hrs 20 mins
Chef LauraMD's Note:
Our Thanksgiving morning would not be complete without my mom's orange rolls. They are a very light and fluffy roll with so much orange flavor!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Follow the directions on the box of the Hot Roll mix, but in addition add 1/4 c sugar, vanilla and 1 teaspoons grated orange peel. You will need to add additional flour as you knead the rolls.
- 2Let the dough raise in a bowl for 1 hour.
- 3Roll out the dough onto a floured surface to about 1/2 thick. Making a rectangle, adding enough flour to ensure it will not stick.
- 4Spread the 1/4 c butter over the dough.
- 5Mix together the sugar and orange peel and spread over the butter, going to the ends.
- 6Roll up in jelly roll style.
- 7Cut into 3/4" to 1" circles and place cut side down into a greased muffin pan.
- 8Let rise until double - approximately 1 hour.
- 9Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes.
- 10Mix together the powdered sugar, orange juice and melted butter and pour over the warm rolls.
- 11Let cool for 15 minutes and remove from pans.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Betty's Orange Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.6
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 16.2 mg
- Sodium 544.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 37.9 g
- Protein 4.3 g