Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Our friend Betty makes this with cream cheese but when we need to cut down on fat I use chicken stock or a little skim evaporated milk - the cream cheese is nicer of course. I used stock in the photo I posted.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and each cut into small chunks
- 1 cup pumpkin, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup kumara, cut into small pieces (orange sweet potato)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt & pepper
- Peel and cook vegetables on high in microwave proof dish for about 10 minutes or until soft (depending on power of microwave, mine is 1200 watts).
- Drain excess liquid off vegetables and mash well with cream cheese and seasoning.