Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is The Pot Luck Favorite! My mom always receive raves from this recipe. People inevitably want a copy of it as it's so delicious and easy to make. One recipe will feed a LOT of people. This is super-good in the summer or to take to a pot luck. Enjoy!
- 1 head cabbage, chopped fine
- 8 green onions, chopped fine
- 8 teaspoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 8 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, crushed (discard flavor packet)
- 6 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Mix cabbage and onions and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Then stir in almonds, seeds, and crushed noodles.
- Pour dressing over all.
great salad, have been making this for many years. Instead of the rice vinegar, I use apple cider vinegar, gives it much more flavor and zest!
This is a wonderful salad to serve in hot weather. The salad has great texture and visual appeal. The dressing is tart/sweet and compliments the crunchy salad. I didn't break up the noodles too much, because I made the salad 2 hours before serving and I didn't want the noodles to get soggy. This is a delicious salad that I can recommend. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
This is a quick and very easy salad to make. I loved the combination of ingredients. I served this with a ham dinner. Very good salad.