Recipe by Sharlene~W
Betty is my rug hooking teacher and she makes these delectable bars at Christmastime. I'm not too wild about spice gumdrops by themselves, but in this cookie.....mmm. I especially like the flavor of the brownie part. It would be a great base for other add-ins.
- 158.51 ml butter or 158.51 ml margarine
- 532.32 ml brown sugar (1 pound)
- 3 eggs
- 631.69 ml sifted flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 368.54 g package spice gumdrops
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 10 1/2 x 15 1/2 cookie pan with at least 3/4-inch sides.
- Melt butter in microwave, just to melting point.
- Stir in brown sugar with mixer; then eggs, one at a time, stirring in well between.
- Add flour, salt and baking powder; mix well.
- By hand, stir in nuts and gumdrops.
- Spread on cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- When almost cool, cut into 1x3-inch bars.