Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Betty is my rug hooking teacher and she makes these delectable bars at Christmastime. I'm not too wild about spice gumdrops by themselves, but in this cookie.....mmm. I especially like the flavor of the brownie part. It would be a great base for other add-ins.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 10 1/2 x 15 1/2 cookie pan with at least 3/4-inch sides.
- Melt butter in microwave, just to melting point.
- Stir in brown sugar with mixer; then eggs, one at a time, stirring in well between.
- Add flour, salt and baking powder; mix well.
- By hand, stir in nuts and gumdrops.
- Spread on cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- When almost cool, cut into 1x3-inch bars.