Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
This is not the typical Fruit Cake that one thinks of around the holidays - probably because it doesn't have the citron that most fruit cakes have. Mom has been making this for years, and everyone loves it!
- 1 lb shelled brazil nut, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package pitted dates (cut in half)
- 1⁄2 lb pineapple bits (the kind for fruit cake)
- 1 cup drained maraschino cherry, chopped
- 1 cup raisins (you can mix the gold and dark raisins if desired)
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- In large bowl, place chopped fruits and nuts.
- Add the sifted flour and mix to coat well.
- Beat the eggs and add the vanilla.
- Mix with the dry ingredients and fruit and nuts until well coated.
- Grease a 9x5x3 loaf pan and line with wax paper.
- Add mixture to prepared pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Remove from pan and immediately remove wax paper and cool before slicing.