Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
We have a lovely lady at my workplace that spoils us rotten. She will make cookies in our kitchen and come around with these little treats mid mornings. She makes the cookies with margarine - the recipe calls for butter. The recipe also called for 1/2 cup walnuts in the last step which I have omitted.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup banana, ripe and mashed, about 2
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate (can be chunk or chips)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Whisk together flours, salt and baking soda in a bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy, reduce speed to low.
- Add egg and vanilla, mix until combined.
- Add banana.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Stir in oats and chocolate by hand.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and using ice cream scoop or spoons drop cookies onto sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake until golden and just set, for about 12-13 minutes.
- Cool on sheets for 5 min before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
I love these and I used chocolate chips I was going to add nuts and decided not to.I got about 30 decent size cookies. Made for World tour 8
Delicious, moist and my kids love them! I made these exactly as directed and made 30 cookies using my cookie dough scoop. I wouldn't change a thing! Made for Went To The Market tag game. Thanks Deantini! :)
Wow, yummy! These are scarily addictive! And healthier than a regular cookie too!