Recipe by Lennie
From my celebrity recipe collection; they sound perfect for a football party! The smell while these sticky wings bake in the oven is amazing.
Top Review by yooper
This must be the "Sue-Ann Nivens" side of Betty White, not the "Rose Nylund"! These are awesome wings! I used a 3 lb package of the frozen "drummettes" and it worked out perfect! Sweet and slightly salty...a nice change of pace from the "hot" buffalo wings everyone else serves...and you don't need a dippping sauce to cool your mouth down!
- 3 lbs chicken wings (use the plumpest chicken wings you can find)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange wings in shallow baking pan.
- Heat butter, soy sauce, sugar, water mustard and garlic powder if using, until butter and sugar melt.
- Cool; pour over wings and marinate at least 2 hours, turning once or twice.
- Bake in same pan at 375F for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, turning occasionally. (Use the plumpest chicken wings you can find; if your market only has the normal scrawny ones, don't cook longer than 75 minutes)
- Drain on paper towels and serve.