Prep 2 hrs
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From my celebrity recipe collection; they sound perfect for a football party! The smell while these sticky wings bake in the oven is amazing.
- Arrange wings in shallow baking pan.
- Heat butter, soy sauce, sugar, water mustard and garlic powder if using, until butter and sugar melt.
- Cool; pour over wings and marinate at least 2 hours, turning once or twice.
- Bake in same pan at 375F for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, turning occasionally. (Use the plumpest chicken wings you can find; if your market only has the normal scrawny ones, don't cook longer than 75 minutes)
- Drain on paper towels and serve.
This must be the "Sue-Ann Nivens" side of Betty White, not the "Rose Nylund"! These are awesome wings! I used a 3 lb package of the frozen "drummettes" and it worked out perfect! Sweet and slightly salty...a nice change of pace from the "hot" buffalo wings everyone else serves...and you don't need a dippping sauce to cool your mouth down!
This was absolutely finger lickin good, everyone loved these and I passed the recipe on..thanks!!
If you like really, really salty chicken, this is the recipe for you. It called for way to much soy sauce. I reduced the amount and it was way to salty. Ended up dumping it down the sink. Sorry Bette.