Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a fantastic spaghetti. I never, never order spaghetti when we dine out. I find it very bland, offering mostly tomato sauce with out much flavor. This is my wifes recipe and our family and friends love it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 diced sweet onion
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can water
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes or 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs spaghetti
- Saute the ground beef, diced onions and diced bell pepper together until meat is browned.
- Add all spices, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes and water.
- Simmer for twenty minutes. Because of the bullion cubes make sure you taste before adding salt.
- Add ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese and stir.
- Boil four quarts of water. Add 1 ½ lb. spaghetti to boiling water and stir vigorously until water returns to boil. Turn heat down and simmer 8 to 9 minutes to desired tenderness. Drain and pour directly in to sauce and serve.
This is the best spaghetti sauce, I have ever made, or tasted. I used Minor's beef broth. Which I like better than the cubes. I get it at Costco, very good. This will now be my only sauce. Thanks so much..Chef Ronald R.