Recipe by Kim D.
My sister and I used to request this recipe often. Mom never seemed to make it often enough... we loved it! I'm not sure where my Mom got the recipe, but I think Betty Mayfield was a past Miss America? Not sure!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- pepper, to taste
- 1 (6 ounce) package egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup American cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef; drain.
- Add salt, sugar, tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cooked egg noodles with sour cream, cream cheese and green onions.
- In a greased 3-quart casserole dish, arrange meat mixture and noodle mixture in alternate layers.
- Top with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350F for 35 minutes.
- I serve this casserole with a fresh salad and hot garlic bread!