Recipe by ~Bliss~
Betty was a dear friend of our family, and an incredible cook. She made these for us every Christmas. My favorite topping was the candied ginger, but I wouldn't turn one down regardless of what topping was on it.
- 236.59 ml butter
- 118.29 ml light brown sugar
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 473.18 ml flour (presifted)
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, soda and salt together.
- Mix butter and egg together.
- Add sugars and dry ingredients, then vanilla.
- When well mixed, divide into 3 balls and roll each into a long roll in waxed paper.
- Allow to harden in refrigerator.
- Roll again and place on fresh waxed paper.
- They may be frozen and used as needed, or sliced 1/8" thick.
- Decorate with nuts, chocolate bits, cinnamon sugar or candied ginger (this is my favorite topping).
- Bake at 350F for 10 minute.