Betty was a dear friend of our family, and an incredible cook. She made these for us every Christmas. My favorite topping was the candied ginger, but I wouldn't turn one down regardless of what topping was on it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour, soda and salt together.
- 2Mix butter and egg together.
- 3Add sugars and dry ingredients, then vanilla.
- 4When well mixed, divide into 3 balls and roll each into a long roll in waxed paper.
- 5Allow to harden in refrigerator.
- 6Roll again and place on fresh waxed paper.
- 7They may be frozen and used as needed, or sliced 1/8" thick.
- 8Decorate with nuts, chocolate bits, cinnamon sugar or candied ginger (this is my favorite topping).
- 9Bake at 350F for 10 minute.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Betty Dugdale's Old Boston Ice Box Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (749 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 684.9
- Calories from Fat 344
- Total Fat 38.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.7 g
- Cholesterol 139.9 mg
- Sodium 876.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 41.4 g
- Protein 6.8 g