Prep 7 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe, probably slightly adapted, is from a Betty Crocker cookbook. This is quick and super delicious.
- 6 corn tortillas
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup diced monterey jack cheese, with green chilies
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cut each tortilla into 12 wedges.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick frying pan until hot.
- Add the tortilla wedges and stir until crisp.
- Reduce heat.
- Add the green onion and stir for one minute.
- Pour the eggs over the tortilla mixture.
- As the eggs begin to set on the bottom and sides, gently lift cooked portions with spatula so that the thin uncooked portion can flow to the bottom.
- DO NOT STIR.
- Sprinkle with cheese and let it melt.
- Top with tomato.
- Sprinkle with the fresh chopped cilantro.
- Serve at once.
You'll get no complaints from me! Had this for Sunday Bruch - I cut it back to 2 eggs and only one small tortilla. Love the cilantro This is a do again recipe
I have made this dozens of times and have used a variety of cheeses including the spicy velveeta variety. It always turns out great.